Saturday, September 03, 2005


About those "missing" Guardsmen

posted by Rob at 8:31 AM

I spoke last night to a friend in the military. I asked his perspective on the growing catcall that if *only* Louisiana or Mississippi Guardsmen has been here and not in Iraq last weekend, the situation now would be bunnies in sunshine.

My contention is, no. They would not have made much difference. The local law enforcement, state police, and state government were apparently MIA when Katrina hit. Why do some assume that National Guard troops would react in a way state police would not?

My friend surprised me by agreeing (finally, I'm right about something!). He also added that troops would have been just as stranded and disabled as the "refugees" were.

Could someone make the HuffPo people aware of this perspective?

1 Comments:

Blogger Jerry Simpson said...

A fantastic blog. Keep it up. Don't miss visiting this site about how to buy & sell boat trailer on interest free credit; pay whenever you want.

2:32 PM, September 03, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home