Thursday, September 15, 2005


Lesson learned

posted by Rob at 8:10 AM

I was asked late Tuesday to be in a golf tournament Wednesday. I said yes.

I woke up at 4:50 a.m. to be at the Winston-Salem course by 8. Played 18 holes. Had fun. Drank a couple of beers. Swung so awfully I'm a budding addict for the game. Got back to Boone by 5.

While at the office I called my wife. She gave me permission to hang out with friends and drink more beer. Did it. Had fun. Got home around 8:30. Soon went to bed.

Got up this morning thinking about what a great a day Wednesday was - golf, beer and friends. I was in the bathroom about to hit the shower when I heard my wife waking up my 13-week-old daughter. I heard her baby laughs and my wife's cooing. I then realized I didn't see my lil girl all day yesterday.

The gleam left my eye. Wednesday was actually a pretty rotten day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home